Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This is what I do

So during the fall, you probably won't see me very much. Because as soon as the freshman class at BSC moves in, it is time for me to hit the road again. So, you may wonder, "What does she do while she is on the road?" Well, I am glad you asked.

7:00 am - Snooze alarm.
7:17 am - Finally get up.
7: 22am - Throw on some clothes and scurry to the Hampton Inn's complimentary breakfast, which is always coffee, an English muffin with peanut butter, and more coffee. Is it really complimentary if I am paying $100 a night to stay? I am just saying.
7:35 am - More scurrying as I get ready for the day.
8:40 am - Leave the hotel in a scurrying fashion.
8:52 am - Arrive a my first high school visit of the day. Sign in at the office as the receptionist ignores that I am there. Politely, say "I am here to meet with college counseling." Then, I am escorted to the counseling office by a 10th grade boy that clearly hates that he has to walk the stupid college rep to the counseling office.
9:00 am - Say hello to counselor and small talk about the rain and what is new at BSC.
9:04 am - A student shows up to hear about BSC. So, I tell the kid all about the awesomeness of BSC. I might even say "You can take this travel piece with you that basically describes how awesome we are." In response, I get a courtesy laugh.
9:55 am - Say bye to the counselor and the receptionist lady who ignored me. Rip off dreaded name tag.
9:58 am - I have an hour to kill before my next visit. What should I do? Get out the GPS and scroll through my nearby shopping options. Nothing fun is close by so I just decide to look in Ross for Less for about 30 minutes.
10:20 am - I find nothing that I want at Ross for Less and go next door to TJ Maxx, where I also find nothing that I want to buy.
10:45 am - Head to second visit of the day... the dreaded... LUNCHROOM VISIT. *Lunchroom visits are the worst. They stick you in the cafeteria for 2 -3 hours while kids come and go from lunch and you rarely have anyone genuinely interested in your school talk to you.*
1:30 pm - I am finally done with the lunchroom visit. Sadly, I get rained on walking to my car.
1:35 pm - Look at the GPS for lunch options. It is going to be Chick Fila again. I am not complaining though.
1:49 pm - I am enjoying Chick Fila. :-)
2:00 pm - I have 3 hours to kill before the college fair tonight. What should I do? I suppose that I should go to the area where the fair is and see if I can find a Panera Bread with free wireless internet.
2: 27 pm - Arrive at Panera Bread. Buy some hot tea so I am not just using the internet. Email for a couple of hours. Also, do some people watching of the other people at Panera.
4:36 pm - It's either eat now or at 9 pm so I choose now. I have the "you choose two"- black bean soup and fugi apple salad.
4:55 pm- Head to the college fair location.
5:08 pm - Set up my table at the college fair. Say hello to admission counselor friends. Visit the hospitality room for a bottled water. Kill time until the fair starts.
6:00 pm - The college fair begins. I put on my smile and begin saying "Are you familiar with Birmingham-Southern? We are a private, liberal arts college in Birmingham, AL. We are small school with about 1500 students. What do you want to major in?" This goes on for 3 hours.
9:00 pm - Break down my table and say bye to friends. Now it is time to find my hotel for the night. On my way, I make phone calls to my friends and mother.
9:18 pm - Arrive at hotel. Drag all my stuff to my room. Finally, I am home sweet home -sort of.
9:34 pm - My awesome fiancee calls me and makes me laugh and smile a bunch.
10:27 pm - I say good bye to him, brush my teeth, and go to bed.

The end. I am busy girl, huh?

1 comment: