and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51: 10 -12
I claim the verses above as my life verses. I pray these verses often because I know the power of praying in agreement with God’s word.
Oh, to have a clean heart. Without God doing this, my heart will never be close to ever being clean. What a wonderful feeling to know that although not near perfect, I have peace with God which comes from a clean heart and right spirit that he births in me.
Another part of my prayer is verse 11. There is such urgency in this verse; it is almost like the psalmist is begging God to not cast him away. This is how I feel when I know I have sinned and am sorry for whatever I have done. “Oh, Lord I beg that you will not leave me” I will pray, but of course he never has left me nor ever will. In his Word, He says “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (– Hebrews 13:5)
The last of these verses, verse 12, is a great reminder that we need to be restored to the joy that we had upon receiving His salvation through faith in the work of Jesus. When we first come to know God, what a wonderful joy we have in our lives to know that we are forgiven and made new by His hand. However, often over time, we lose our zeal. Thus, I find it a good practice when this happens to pray that God renew that joy. Also, the last part of verse 12 says “uphold me with a willing spirit” ; in other words, grant me a sprit that is willing to be obedient.
I think the key to anything in our lives changing is prayer. It is through prayer that God changes our hearts, strengths us, reminds of us His goodness, shows us love, and gives us wisdom and revelation of who He really is. I know that I have so far to go, but one thing is true, “Jesus Christ is the author and perfecter”( – Hebrews 12:2) of my faith and “He that began a good work in you [me] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (-Philippians 1:6).


No comments:
Post a Comment