Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Lesson from Traffic

We all hate traffic. I used to think I didn't hate it that much until lately I have noticed that every little thing that other drivers do annoys me. Like not turning on your blinker when you change lanes. I might hit you if I don't know you are changing lanes. That is dangerous. Or those people who know the lane is going to end and don't get over and get to cut into the long line of cars.

Anyway, today I had an unfortunate traffic situation. I left Birmingham in seemingly plenty of time to make it to Atlanta for my college fair. However, that was before I knew my GPS would break on the way. I had to pull over at the Georgia state line rest area to solve this problem. First, I tried to figure out how to pull up Mapquest on my phone; after failing at that my coworker emailed me the Mapquest directions to my phone. Sadly, figuring out all of that delayed me a good 30 minutes. Then, soon after I got back on the road, I hit road work which created gridlock traffic for a good hour. It was then that I realized I might be late, very late even, to my college fair. My poor fiancee listened to complain about traffic and how worried I was while I barely moved along the road. I was so upset that a tear may have formed in my eye. Once I got to Atlanta it was already 5 pm so of course the traffic was terrible. To make matters worse, I saw three wrecks during this journey. Finally, I made it to the location 15 minutes before the fair began. God got me there on time and you know what else, I got free pizza from one of the recruiters who had ordered several extra pizzas.

Isn't that how our lives are sometimes? We (especially me) worry about things in our lives. It seems that bad thing after bad thing keeps happening. Although it is sometimes painful while we are experiencing a particular circumstance, we eventually make it through the hard time. Often times too we are blessed in the end with more than we could have imagined (like me getting the pizza).

No comments:

Post a Comment