A couple of years ago in a staff meeting at work, we were going around the room telling everyone our quality wins. Quality wins are the part of the meeting where people share something good in their lives. For example, buying a house, having a baby, getting married, etc. At the time I was super single, so I never had any of those sorts of quality wins. Mine were usually something like my roommates and I are going to a movie, I bought a new coat, or I watched an entire season of The Office last weekend.
During this particular meeting, I announced that because it was a new year, I was going to be a new Christa. A Christa who cooked a new dish I had never tried to make before once a month. It was trying to make an effort to cook more frequently and since I cooked, umm never, I thought I could surely manage once a month. Guess what? Like most new year's resolution's I quit after 2 months.
Well, this new year is going to be one of many changes. I am getting married to a wonderful man whom I love dearly. I will be moving to a giant city 1,000 miles away from the state I lived in my whole life. By moving, I will be away from friends and family that have provided love and support. Also, I will be finding a new job (hopefully the career that I have been looking for ever since college), joining a new church, and meeting new people. All of this change is certainly worth it, but combining all of that with planning a wedding can make a girl a little stressed out -especially if she is already proned to stress.
However, this new Christa is going to be stronger than the stress in her life. 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." This is going to be my life verse.
About Me
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment