I am currently reading through one of Beth Moore's Bible studies, Breaking Free. In one of her lessons she talks about hearts broken by loss. She said that in a period of two months God moved one of her two best friends, her mother passed away, a week later her other best friend moved away, and then her oldest daughter left for college. Beth wrote, "Life involves change. Change involves loss. Loss involves death of one kind or another."
I personally can relate to her message since I recently moved to Northern Virginia knowing very few people besides my husband. I left behind wonderful friends, my family whom I dearly love, and a way of life in the South that I have always known and enjoyed. Although I have gained so much by marrying my wonderful husband whom I absolutely adore and admire, I have experienced loss of all those other things. Beth's words helped me to understand that it is normal for my heart to feel broken during this time.
Beth went onto say that "Christ never allows the hearts of His own to be shattered without excellent reasons and eternal purposes." I hope those words are as encouraging to you as they are to me.
About Me
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


so encouraging! thanks for taking the time to post this.
ReplyDelete