The key word in the previous sentence is “attempt.” I hope that you do not judge me too severely. Please remember that in college my major was Mathematics. I promise to only rarely write about Math because I realize that for most normals math is boring. Though in my dorky heart I know that the truth - math is awesome!
So, if I occasionally misspell words or splice a comma, please don't get too mad. Just send me a personal email and let me know my error, and I will be sure to fix it for you. When you email me, if you could please compliment me both before and after the criticism that would be nice. I learned this rule, "The Sandwich Rule," from Laura Beth last year and firmly believe in it.
For those of you who are not familiar with "The Sandwich Rule" it is as follows: When giving criticism, it is always received best when sandwiched between two compliments. For example if your friend were to ask your opinion about his or her speech you might say, “That was your best speech ever! But, you really should watch how many times you say 'um'. Sometimes you mumble a little. Seriously, it really was an awesome speech.” I am telling you people this works.
So, I didn't mean for this to turn into a lesson on how to give criticism effectively, but it did. It makes me happy though to know that I made your lives a little easier.
You're welcome. :-)


This blog is so awesome! But, you are really beautiful and sexy. Really, though, this blog is awesome.
ReplyDelete(SANDWICH!)
Thank you! You are the sweetest boyfriend ever. However, you really should try not to be so hot. Really, I mean you are wonderful!
ReplyDelete