Friday, May 22, 2009

Anne with an" E"

This post was inspired by my recent facebook album called Kindred Spirits and is in honor of Lucy Maud Montgomery's books/movies Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. Sorry, no one liked the Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story even though we all bought it.

For those of you have never watched these movies, I will give you a little background. The story of Anne Shirley is a grand tale of a poor orphan girl who is adopted at the age of 13 by a brother and sister, Matthew and Marilla. In her lovely new town Avonlea, located on Prince Edward Island in Canada, Anne meets her bosom friend, Diana Berry, as well as the love of her life (though they don't fall in love until many years down the road) Gilbert Blythe. The story is so pure, beautiful, fun, and full of wisdom and love. Only monsters would not like it or maybe boys because it pretty girly (I am not calling boys monster, by the way).

Anne Shirley, this is a tribute to you.

A few quotes:
  • “Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes.”
  • “I don't want diamonds, or sunburst halls, I only want you.”
  • “It's just that I went looking for my ideals outside of myself. I discovered it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it. The dreams dearest to my heart are right here."
  • "I'm only sure of one thing only. That I'm scandalously in love with you.”
  • "Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing."
Anne and her bosom friend, Diana of the Lake of Shining Waters.
When Anne and Giblert first met, he called her "Carrots." You know they say the boys that pick on you are the ones that like you.
Anne returns to Avonlea after moving away to be a teacher at a boarding school.
Anne and Gilbert's love is so beautiful and pure and good.


3 comments:

  1. Christa!! I am loving this!! Anne of Green Gables is a Richard's Family Fav! That's where I got my famous saying..."I'm Kati.. with an I" :) haha!

    Love you girlie!!! We need to hang out again soon!! ~Kati

    ReplyDelete