Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Standing on a Corner in Winslow, AZ

Mountains


Scenic Overlook


Meteor Crater




Standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ.

I just returned from a trip to my boyfriend’s homeland, the great state of Arizona. Below are the trips highlights:

  • Eric and I spent 9 consecutive days together, which is the most time we have ever had together.
  • I met several of Eric’s friends and their kids and their dogs. It was nice to meet so many people that are special to him.
  • I had my first ever Navajo taco, and it was delicious. For those of you, who are not familiar with this extraordinarily tasty food, imagine fried dough and cheese.
  • I finally ate at the Jack in the Box fast food restaurant, and all its claims to better than your average fast food restaurant are in fact true.
  • We saw the Meteor Crater.
  • Also, I saw some mountains.
  • I keep talking about food, but we ate at this really cool place called Organ Stop Pizza, which has live organ music.
  • Also, we stood on the corner in Winslow, AZ, just like The Eagles song.
  • While in Winslow, we stayed overnight in an hotel called La Posada - an older hotel that has been remodeled. Several famous people have stayed here like Einstein, FDR, Harry Truman, and Shirley Temple. The hotel is located by a train station so you have a frequent view of trains passing.

1 comment:

  1. For some wild reason "Take It Easy" popped in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete