Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All I Have is a Ten

There are still nice people in the world.
Yesterday, I mastered DC’s Metro System. This was kind of a big deal for me since I was born and raised in small town Alabama. I made it though. I even had to transfer from the orange rail to the green rail, and once I got to Greenbelt, Maryland, I had to take a bus shuttle to Baltimore’s airport. Oh, the only bad thing was that the bus fare was $3.10 and all I had was a ten. I thought that I would just shove my ten dollar bill into the pay slot, but the intimidating bus offer was like “No.”
I replied, probably a little dramatically hoping he would feel sorry for me, “It is all that I have.”
To which he responded, “Wait here.”
So, not really knowing what was going to happen, I waited at the front of the bus next to the pay slot. And then my sweet angel came along. A parent chaperone for the National History Day (I know this because she was wearing a button that read so) said “Sweetie, do you need change?”
And I was like “Yes, all have is a ten.” Sigh.
She and her friend, also wearing the National History Day chaperone button, worked together to produce the change that I needed.

So, sweet lady # 1 and sweet lady #2 wherever you are today, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment