Thursday, June 11, 2009

Are these really laws?

I think most people would agree that Alabama's Consitution from 1901 with 798 amendments as of 2008 is in need of reform. Here are a few crazy Alabama State Laws:

* It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
* Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
* You may not drive barefooted.
* It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.
* It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.
* Masks may not be worn in public.
* Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
* Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.
* It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
* You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

However, don't think Alabama is the only state with crazy laws. Here are a few others:

*Mississippi: A man may not seduce a woman by lying, and claiming he will marry her.
*Wyoming: It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs people’s view in a public theater or place of amusement
*Texas: It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
*Virginia: It is illegal to tickle women.
*Hawaii: Coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears.

I suppose these laws are true although I hope many of them are not. I found them on http://www.dumblaws.com/ if you are interested in reading more silly laws.

4 comments:

  1. If it is illegal to tickle a woman in Virginia, then I am going to become a repeat offender when you come out here again tomorrow night. Ah, my daring life of crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the one about flicking boogers...hehe! Seriously???
    ~Kati

    ReplyDelete